Looking for something fun to do with your kids on New Year’s Eve? Well look no further because LEGOLAND® California is the place to be. Complete with party favors, fireworks, and a full-blown outdoor musical festival for kids, LEGOLAND throws a bang up party with their very own time zone for kids.
Not only will your family be able to enjoy an entire day in the snow-filled winter wonderland of Fun Town, but also, at 2:30 pm, kids will be able to get their groove on when the concert fun starts at Miniland. The rockin’ line-up of performers is listed below and you can read more about each of the bands in last year’s line-up post. Our family favorites are Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band and, of course, Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players.
After the concert, just when the sun has set and the kids are feeling tuckered out, LEGOLAND will ring in 2013 with a Brick Drop (a la Times Square ball drop) and will finish off the festivities with an awesome display of fireworks. It’s the perfect family-friendly way to ring in the New Year (and it still leaves you time to hit the town for the real midnight if you’ve lined up a baby-sitter and you somehow have enough energy).
Kids’ New Years Eve Concert Line-Up
12pm – 2pm Sneak preview of the bands in Fun Town on the Holiday Stage
2:30pm One World Chorus backed by Aaron Nigel Smith and the FUNdamentals
3:20pm Secret Agent 23 Skidoo
4:00pm Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band
5:00pm Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players
6:00pm Brick Drop and Fireworks
This is one of the best nights of the year at LEGOLAND California so I hope you’ll join us! Happy 2013!
Model Mom Mary
Just got word of the line-up for the annual Kids’ New Years Eve concert at LEGOLAND® California and I am beyond excited. If you have never been to this epic event, take a minute to read my post about the unique time zone just for kids, then, come back here to see the awesomeness they have in store for this year.
Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Okay, so here is the amazing line-up for this year’s KNYE celebration:
• Lyndsey Cannon: In a time when young, age-appropriate role models for our little girls are hard to find, this rising star is a gem. She’s a singer, model and actress who claims her music to be a cross between Katy Perry and Disney. She’s darling.
• Secret Agent 23 Skidoo – With their Hip Hop for kids, or as they call it, “Kid Hop,” they are sure to rock the Park with such kid-friendly jams as Gotta Be Me and Family Tree. If you’re like me, and can sing every word to Parents Just Don’t Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, then you’ll love this band, maybe even more than your kids! Word.
• Aaron Nigel Smith—This children’s entertainer is on a mission to “get kids movin’” and that is exactly what he’s gonna do on New Years Eve. With songs like Animal Song and Everybody’s Jumping your kids will get enough exercise for all of 2012. Aaron performs around the country with the PBS Kids Between the Lions Live tour and is always a big hit.
• Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band—Not only do I love the name of this band, but they were also named “Best New Kids Artist 2011” by USA Today. Lucky is what your kids will be feeling when they are jamming out to this band.
• Justin Roberts and the Not Ready For Naptime Players—Oh my, how I love Justin Roberts! I have a been a HUGE fan of JR (that’s what I like to call him) since a friend gave me his CD on the occasion of my little girl’s first birthday. I even had the opportunity to interview him last year about his Emmy nomination. They are by far my favorite children’s band and I can’t think of a better way to ring in 2012 than with them at LEGOLAND California.
CLICK HERE to read my interview with Justin Roberts.
Not only are all these bands going to play on the concert stage in Miniland, but they will also all play mini-sets up in Fun Town earlier in the day, so you’ll have more than one opportunity to check them out. LEGOLAND California is the place to be on December 31st this year.